Summer is almost here!
As temperatures finally start to rise in the Boston area, it’s important to remember a few important things to keep your dog happy and healthy. Here are a few key pointers from your neighborhood dog walker and dog sitter:
1) Give your dog(s) access to plenty of cool, fresh water. My pup loves it when I put ice cubes in his water. He starts bobbing for them and that really cools him down!
2) Provide your dog with a shady spot to hangout while your gone. If your dog is crated, make sure it’s in a cool spot in your house!
3) Wet a towel after your dog walk and give them a cool rub down. They’ll love it!
4) Short-nosed dogs, such as Boxers, Pugs and Bull Dogs, are more susceptible to the heat. Make sure to keep dog walks short on hot days and give them plenty of water.
5) Don’t leave your dog in the car on summer days. It gets way too hot for them!
These are just a few things that will keep your dog happy and healthy during the warm summer months!